This part of my web site is designed for students and parents that would like support and resources in addition to class time dedicated to the current unit of study or for independent reading goals. The links provided include articles, interactive tools and strategies for students and parents to visit for additional academic support. Please give me any feedback you have about the helpfulness of the links or feel free to share your own resources with me via email so that I can share those with other students and parents as well. I want to support your learning experience in any way that I can!
Thank you for visiting the Support Link!
Goal Setting Worksheet
- This worksheet is designed to help students focus on one goal for a particular class or personal interest.
- A basic plot diagram helps students recognize the basic parts of a story: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution. This tool is interactive and can be changed for different texts.
Vocabulary (study) Flash Card Maker
- This resource allows students to create flash cards on vocabulary (and math) terms. Students can either quiz themselves on the computer or print the cards out to take with them in the car or to give to a partner for studying.
- An electronic spelling builder allows students to practice spelling skills. The words can be used for any class in which students need to know correct spelling or memorize facts, etc.
Free Rice-The Vocabulary practice game!
- This a fun, interactive vocabulary game in which correct answers provide REAL grains of rice to countries in need. The game is fun and gives the user a sense of pride by using his/her knowledge to help others! Once you start it is hard to stop! This is funded by The UN World Food Program.